For those interested in cloud security options, I am currently on the steering committee for the Security as a Service (SecaaS) working group. In this instance I mean how cloud computing can be used to secure everything, including cloud and non cloud based IT, rather than how to secure cloud computing (paraphrased from Jim Reavis).
If you are not familiar with the Cloud Security Alliance I suggest you check out their site, it is a great resource for all things cloud security related and can be found here;
The purpose of the specific SecaaS working group is to;
– Identify consensus definitions of what security as a Service means
– Categorise the different types of Security as a Service
– Provide guidance to organisations on reasonable implementation practices
The site specific to the SecaaS work can be found here;
Proposed timelines for the work we produce are for;
– Categories of service to be defined by late April.
– Draft SecaaS Guidance, mid-May.
– SME Guide, mid-July.
– Final Draft SecaaS Guidance, mid-September.
This should be a great piece of work so I will keep you updated with our progress.